Wednesday, August 12, 2009

18teen till i die


18 till I die

Finally I am 18teen, and I am so happy. I don’t know why the grown ups make such a big fuss on growing old. I was waiting for this moment for my entire life, well not really, but ever since I was 5 years old, I wanted to be 18. Now you may ask why is that, and I will tell you why exactly. My bro had a sony walkman and he would never let me even touch it. But me being the mischievous child that I was, flicked the walkman one night and I put the headphones on and pressed the play button and Bryan Adams was singing 18 till I die, I just sat there mesmerized with the whole experience of it all. I still have that song on me wherever I go.

Lot of my friends and media have been asking me, how does it feel to be 18. Well I have been eighteen what 3 days now, so lets see if I can put this into perspective. It feels great to be 18. According to our constitution now I am citizen of this country who can think and vote. I am looking forward to casting my vote for the first time, come October. I cant wait to get behind the wheels of my Honda Civic. I have been yearning for it and now I am actually driving it. I actually feel like I can do anything.

But I haven’t told you the best part yet have I? My friends and family threw me this surprise party which was great and they showered me with brilliant gifts. I got all sorts of things like new clothes, new soap, new shampoo, new hair style, but the most exciting gift I got which was the highlight of my birthday was my very first Blackberry Phone. My bro gave me this phone and says we will always stay connected. Sho shweet na my bro.

I am now back in Hyderabad and back to work and loving it and do you know why????

don't worry 'bout the future - forget about the past
gonna have a ball - ya we're gonna have a blast
gonna make it last - 18 til I die

Love

Hansika

2 comments:

  1. congratulations...now u have more rights and responsibilities....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hansika ur the admin of this blog .if so please tell me how to meet u and talk some time with u .

    ReplyDelete